We have so many favorite authors, we decided to highlight our favorite ones each month to share with you why we love their work and why you should too! So…for our first Author Crush of the Month is: Kristen Ashley
Why White Girl, Jenn, crushes on Author Kristen Ashley
One day I was surfing around Goodreads trying to find something to read and a recommendation for “Wild Man” so I went ahead and read it. Well that was my first Kristen Ashely book and needless to say I was hooked. I really love her stories and not just because of the male characters. I find that I really like her female characters as they are funny, independent and sassy. I can honestly say I go through withdraw when I finish one of her books!
Why Asian Girl, Karmen, crushes on Author Kristen Ashley
My book blog buddy, Jenn, introduced me to Kristen’s books and I’m hooked! I love all the hot alpha male characters, who will do anything to protect their women, and they always have “shit to do!” My many book boyfriends have come from Kristen’s books: Tanner Layne, Joe Callahan and Ty Walker!
Our favorite Kristen Ashley’s series:
- Rock Chick Series (8 books): Based in Denver, the Rock Chick Series is eight books that take you on the wild ride of the courtships of the Rock Chicks and the Hot Bunch.
- Our favorite Hot Bunch: Lee Nightingale, Luke Stark and Kai “Mace” Mason
- Our favorite Rock Chick Heroines: Indy Savage, Ava, and Ally Nightingale
- Dream Man series (4 books): Series with yet more hot alpha-males to swoon over and dream about.
- Our favorite Dream Man: Cabe “Hawk” Degaldo and Kane “Tack” Allen
- Our favorite heroines: Gwendolyn Kidd and Tyra Masters
The ‘Burg Series (5 books): Based in Kristen’s hometown, Brownsburg, Indiana, The ‘Burg Series will be six books following the interweaving tales of friends, family, love and crime in a small town.
- Our favorite ‘Burg men: Joe Callahan, Tanner Layne and Alexander Colton
- Our favorite heroines: February Owens and Raquel “Rocky” Merrick
Colorado Mountain Series (6 books): This series takes place in two fictional Colorado towns situated close to each other, Gnaw Bone and Carnal. This series that will be six novels follows the stories of six connected men on their rocky road to second chances.
- Favorite Colorado Men: Ty Walker and Tatum Jackson
- Our favorite heroines: Lauren Grahame and Lexie Berry
Unfinished Hero Series (3 books): The heroes of these books are anti-heroes. They are good men who do bad things. They have their reasons. They have their own codes. They may seek (and find) redemption. Or they may not. They simply are who they are, do what they do and find love along the way.
- Favorite Unfinished Hero Men: Knight Sebring
- The Three: This series is a paranormal series that has a host of supernatural characters not limited to but including Vampires and Werewolves and more. There will be three books in this series and the first two are already out.
- Favorite The Three Characters: Leah Buchanan and Lucien
- Fantasyland: This series takes place in our world and in a parallel universe, but don’t be alarmed or worried. There will be four books in this series and so far three books have been released.
- Favorite Fantasyland Characters: Cora Goode and Noctorno
Favorite Kristen Ashley’s Book Quotes
- “You want to marry me?” “No. I’m gonna marry you.” – Rock Chick #1
- “He isn’t my man.” “Girl, it don’t matter you don’t think he is, he thinks he is. Therefore in Badass Motherfucker Land, that means he is.“- Rock Chick #5
- “We’ve hit the hot guy motherload.” – Motorcyle Man
- “I figured the Nightingale Investigations job application form had the question “Are you hot? Yes. No. If you answered no, please exit the building.” -Rock Chick Revenge
- “Yeah, Vi, unless Armageddon hit while i was fuckin’ you this morning and we missed it, I’m thinkin’ grocery stores still exist and they’re all still stocked.” -At Peace
- “Don’t call me baby when you’re pissed, Sweet Pea.” “Don’t call me Sweet Pea at all, baby” – Mystery Man
- “You need me. You won’t stay away and you won’t let me go because, baby, you can’t breathe without me.” -Creed
- “Right. Love you, Ty.” “Done to my bones, mama, right back at you.” -Lady Luck
- “It’s good she hooked up with me, she’s such a nut, she needs a badass to take her back.” – Golden Trail